Project Medishare is dedicated to providing comprehensive health and development services and building capacity in Haiti. Project Medishare’s work saves lives and forms the foundation upon which larger social change is built.
The organization treats more than 180,000 people annually and operates:
- The country’s only critical care and trauma hospital;
- The only Newborn and Pediatric Intensive Care Units for the sickest premature infants and children;
- Multiple rural community health clinics;
- A major cholera treatment facility; and
- The nation’s most advanced prosthetics facility.
On January 12, 2010 at 5:22pm local time, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake the highly populated area of Department Ouest, Haiti, approximately 16 miles from Port au Prince. By January 24, more than 50 aftershocks measuring a magnitude of 4.5 or greater had hit the area. Over the course of those 12 days, the human impact was great; the UN and USAID estimates that more than 230,000 people were killed, 30…Visit the Earthquake Relief page