Relief International is a humanitarian non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, development assistance, and program services to vulnerable communities worldwide. Relief International is solely dedicated to reducing human suffering and is non-political and non-sectarian in its mission. Relief International's mission is to:
- Serve the needs of the most vulnerable - particularly women and children, victims of natural disasters & civil conflicts, and the poor - with a specific focus on neglected groups and cases.
- Provide holistic, multi-sectoral, sustainable, and pro-poor programs that bridge emergency relief and long-term development at the grassroots level.
- Empower communities by building capacity and by maximizing local resources in both program design and implementation.
- Promote self-reliance, peaceful coexistence, and reintegration of marginalized communities.
- Protect lives from physical injury or death and/or psychological trauma where present.
- Uphold the highest professional norms in program delivery, including accountability to beneficiaries and donors alike.
Emergency Medical Relief
On November 8, Typhoon Haiyan, one of the most powerful storms on record, tore through the Philippines. Key infrastructures, such as hospitals, clinics, and sanitation systems, were also destroyed, making it difficult for local medical personnel to meet the great needs of the community. In total, over 6,000 people lost their lives and nearly 30,000 more were injured, leaving many throughout the c…Visit the Emergency Medical Relief page